Planning and Licencing
Planning and regulatory consents are critical to the feasibility of projects!Interpreting this combination of policy and law can be a minefield and requires a lawyer with special skills, experience and sound judgement.
We can advise you with regard to the following:-
- Change of use from any class of use, e.g. A3, A5
- A2 consent for betting offices
- Planning enforcement
We have ‘elite’ planning consultants/lawyers who are ready to take over the more complex matters to ensure you receive the best advice and representation possible.
In an area of law which has recently seen massive changes and which is constantly under the public spotlight, the challenge is to provide commercial advice that delivers a solution. Licensing lawyers must be capable of negotiating effective outcomes where possible and of defending vigorously a client’s position where compromise is not appropriate. Licensing these days requires a detailed knowledge of litigation as well as regulation.
How we can help
The London Solicitors licensing team provides a wide range of expert licensing support. This includes administration of applications, the provision of an expert advice and advocacy service dealing with contested applications, Appeals, Judicial Reviews, Review procedures and prosecutions under both the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005.
Our main services
- Premises licensing – sale of alcohol, provision of public entertainment, cinema and theatre, provision of late night refreshment.
- Personal Licence
- Designated Premises Supervisors
- Betting – operating licences, premises licences and regulatory advice.
- Gaming and lotteries – operating licences, premises licences and regulatory advice.
- Full advocacy at all hearings across broad geographical spread including Council, Magistrates, Crown Court and High Court hearings.
- Advising and representing clients in respect of prosecutions.
- Property management and development support.
Please click here for our fees in relation to Licence Applications