Landlord and Tenant
London Solicitors offer a comprehensive service to both landlord and tenants. We deal with contentious and non contentious matters relating to all aspects of Landlord and Tenant matters.
We tailor tenancy agreements to specific requirements and can assist landlords with the practicalities of managing their property portfolio especially if your tenant is defaulting we may be able to assist you in the repossession of your property. We are able to advise landlords in respect of forfeiture, service charges, disrepair, rent arrears, and compliance with deposit protection in regard to assured shorthold tenancies (AST). Assisting private landlords and tenants with drafting suitable agreements for assured shorthold tenancies, collecting outstanding rent from current / ex-tenants.
We can also assist tenants or ex-tenants with deposit recovery, unlawful eviction, and defending possession proceedings.
Our staff offer jargon free easy to understand advice and practical solutions to your problems. Our main services are listed below. But if you would like to discuss a matter which is not included please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we may be able to help where we will endeavour to assist you further.
Areas we deal with:
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Assured Shortholds, Assured, Secure and Rent Act Tenancies
- Enforcement of covenants
- Forfeiture – Relief from Forfeiture
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Landlords’ consents
- Lease negotiation
- Lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Recovery of service charges
- Possession Proceedings
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Rent reviews
- Rent arrears and demands
- Service charges & Ground Rent recovery
- Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) compliance
- Eviction notices
- Your landlord’s obligations
- Defending possession, repossessions or eviction proceedingsUnlawful evictionsHomelessness issues
- Tenancy Agreements and Assignment of Tenancies
- Advice on allocations and transfers
- Shared Ownership and Right to Buy
- Service Charge Disputes
- Leasehold Valuation Tribunals